Photography by Robbie Merritt
A wedding is a truly magical moment. It is a right of passage for a couple to stand before one another and their witnesses as they dedicate their lives together in the sacred union.
It's your day to create the faerie tale ceremony you've always dreamed of.
Marriage is to stand before your family, friends, loved ones or simply your witnesses and nature to declare your lifetime promise.
Faerie Cara is a registered marriage celebrant who will work closely with you to create your dream ceremony. Specialising in magical themes, traditional symbology, stories and nature. Faerie Cara will sprout her wings for your day if you'd like to be officially married by a faerie (yes, my name really is Cara Faerie).
Whether you want a glamorous Gatsby cabaret, or a rustic bush wedding, Faerie Cara will become part of your wedding theme.
What I Provide
- An initial consultation to discuss everything you would like to incorpotate into the ceremony and give us a chance to get to know one another.
- You will be emailed a questionnaire for you to both complete so that I can develop your unique marriage ceremony. Each ceremony is unique and I put a lot of care into creating something special just for you.
- I will email a draft script and we'll work on it collaboratively until you are 100% happy.
- You will be emailed poems, readings, ceremony ideas and themes to help you build your dream wedding ceremony
- I will perform a rehearsal ceremony closer to the event
- On the day of the ceremony I provide a PA system
- As a registered marriage celebrant I will guide you through the legal documents and issue you with a Marriage Certificate after the ceremony.
A legal marriage requires official wording to be used in the ceremony along with legal documents to completed and submitted. At meetings we will discuss and work through the legal paperwork. We will complete a Notice of Intended Marriage form that must be completed and signed by you both at least one calendar month before the marriage ceremony.
Before the ceremony you will need to complete a form 'declaration of no legal impediment to marriage.' This can be completed and signed at the rehearsal or we'll meet prior to the wedding to complete.
Marriage certificates: After the marriage ceremony you will need to sign three marriage certificates, along with your two witnesses. One certificate will be given to you on the day of your wedding in an envelope. I will send one certificate to the department of Births, Deaths and Marriages. The third certificate is kept by me. When planning your ceremony think about where you would like to sign your certificates and who your witnesses will be.
A rehearsal ceremony is a good idea if you would like peace of mind for a smooth running ceremony. This will also help the wedding party know what they are going to be doing on the big day. Included in my fee is a practice rehearsal in the Perth metro area.
On the day of the wedding I will be there 30 minutes before the ceremony to make sure everything is set up. I will provide a PA system for the ceremony. Once we have finished the ceremony the newly weds, myself and two witnesses will need to sign three certificates. Witnesses must be over 18 years of age as these are legal documents.
After the wedding I will post the paperwork to the Department of Births Deaths and Marriages.
Send an email to Faerie Cara to discuss your faerie tale wedding