Inspire. Be the change.
From budding flowers and clusters of compost comes the Eco Faeries
Eco Faeries use entertainment to promote a love for nature and looking after the environment.
Once upon a time...
Eco Faeries was created by Faerie Cara in 2004. Cara had previously been employed as a 'fairy' in Perth but thought the 'princess persona' of faeries needed a make over. Traditionally faeries we're fiercely strong willed and protective of nature and of the families that lived close to the land. So, let's bring those faeries back to life again! Cara started her company with a BOOM organising a non-for-profit event at City Farm, raising funds for local sustainability groups and putting the Eco Faerie community straight into action. It's been wild faeries ever since.
Save the world
Despite our silly theatrical antics, we take our job very seriously. We work in partnership with local business and government organisations to build long-lasting relationships and have established ourselves as a highly reputable service provider in WA.
Eco Faeries performances, workshops and craft activities are always delivered with educational entertainment in mind. Hiring an Eco Faerie means you are bringing in a highly trained team that are dedicated to nurturing the next generation of Eco Heroes.
Faeries aren't fluffy
- Eco Faeries are part of the Conservation Council WA
- The school waste education program 'Nude your Food' created by Faerie Cara is supported by Mindarie Regional Council. All schools within the catchment can book the program for FREE. Contact MRC for more information.
- We work in partnership with the City of Stirling to create annual sustainability events including Groat street festival and the Power Down Picnic
- Faerie Cara was nominated for the Pride of Australia in 2014.
- Groat Street Festival organised by Eco Faeries and Transition Towns Stirling won the City of Stirling Sustainable Communities Award in 2016
- Eco Faeries Business was 'Highly Commended' in the City of Stirling awards night in the category of Education and Sustainability 2016
Eco Faeries are not damsels in distress. We are here to empower children that they are the heroes the world is waiting for.
Eco Faeries organise a series of community events each year including Groat street Festival, Power Down Picnic for Earth Hour, Igniting a Generation- renewable energy workshop for youth, Plastic Free July events and school holiday programs. These are all organised as part of our community volunteer roles. It takes hours of work building community relationships with councils and local groups.
Eco Faeries are booked by event organisers, local councils, schools, shopping centres, parties, libraries and day care centres.
Faerie Cara presents on The Couch , a West Australian produced television show screened nationally in Australia and New Zealand on Foxtel Aurora. Talking Green, focuses on environmental sustainability, community and wellbeing. If you don't have foxtel you can catch many of her segments online.
Eco Faeries release regular youtube videos. Subscribe to their channel to catch the faeries in action.
Invite highly motivated and energetic Eco Faeries to take care of your sustainability topics. Eco Faeries specialise in early childhood education. The Nude your Food Resource Guardian program is currently supported by Mindarie Regional Council. This means if your school is in the MRC catchment you can contact the office to book a FREE incursion with Faerie Cara.
We have our own line of eco-education products including music, books and bamboo tees. Check out our online shop.
Find the faeries