Recycled Newspaper Craft
Oh that's rubbish!
Newspaper is commonly waste material that children can use to create costume pieces or decorations. We help children to make faerie wings, pirate hats, head bands and wall hangings.
This activity is a valuable 'reuse' exercise that they can do again from home.
We use a minimal amount of staples or glue so the paper can be recycled once again.
- Recycled Newspaper or wrapping paper
- Natural yarn
Eco Hero Tip: Be sure to recycle your craft when you have finished playing.
Extra Extra read all about it
Did you know?
- Each tonne of paper that is recycled saves: almost 13 trees, 2.5 barrels of oil, 4100 kWh of electricity, 4 cubic metres of landfill and 31, 780 litres of water.
- By recycling paper and cardboard 51% of the environmental impact of using virgin material can be saved
- 17 trees can absorb the carbon dioxide emitted from your car each year, trapping the carbon in the wood and releasing the oxygen back into our atmosphere
- All newspaper manufactured in Australia have a recycled content of up to 40%.
Thanks for the info www.cleanup.org.au